Apple iMovie makes it easy to make movie trailers, easily edit audio, add effects, and share your new movie on FaceBook, YouTube, and more. Even there is no actually video in the video file, people just use iMovie to edit the precious audio part, like cut and split the unwanted part and then merge the split into one file.
iMovie allows users to export iMovie video to audio as WAV, AIFF, AU. Then you can convert the iMovie export WAV, AIFF or AU to MP3, WMA, M4A, OGG, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC. If you have already exported your iMovie project to video file, you can extract audio from iMovie video with the help of Pavtube Video Converter.
This article includes step-by-step guide to:
- Part I: Export iMovie Video to Audio WAV or AIFF.
- Part II: Convert exported iMovie WAV or AIFF audio or iMovie video to audio MP3, WAV, AIFF, AU, WMA, M4A, OGG, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC.
Part I: How to Export iMovie Video to Audio WAV or AIFF
- When you finished a project, go to option of “Share > Export using QuickTime”
- In the new window, you can rename your file or choose the place to save your project. Then hit “Export” and choose “Sound to AIFF” or “Sound to Wave” from the drop-down list
- Hit the “Options” button and select your desired Sounds Settings. Then press OK.
Part 2: How to Convert exported iMovie WAV or AIFF audio or iMovie video to audio MP3, WAV, AIFF, AU, WMA, M4A, OGG, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC
Free Download Aiseesoft Video Converter
Step 1 Add exported iMovie audio or iMovie video files
Click on “Add Video” button load your Load the exported iMovie audio or video files.
Step 2 Set output format
Take converting iMovie to MP3 for example. From the “Format” drop-down list, choose “MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio(*.mp3)” from “Common Audio” category
Step 3: Start Convert
Click “Convert” button to finish converting iMovie audio or iMovie video to MP3, WAV, AIFF, AU, WMA, M4A, OGG, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC.