HEVC, short form for High Efficiency Video Coding, is a video compression standard successor to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC. So HEVC also known as H.265. HEVC is targeted at next-generation HDTV displays and content capture systems which feature progressive scanned frame rates and display resolutions from QVGA (320×240) to 4K UHD 4320p (8192×4320), as well as improved picture quality in terms of noise level, color spaces, and dynamic range. HEVC was designed to substantially improve coding efficiency compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC HP, that is to say, to reduce bitrate requirements by half with comparable image quality, at the expense of increased computational complexity. Given the same quality video, HEVC H.265 video can reduce file size of 52% for 480p video, 56% for 720p video, 56% for 720p video, 62% for 1080p video and 64% for 4K UHD video compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.
So, converting to HEVC H.265 from video H.264 HD video or other HD video including AVCHD, MXF, MTS, M2TS, MOD, TOD, HD MP4, HD AVI, HD MKV, HD WMV, ProRes can not only reduce file size but also improve quality using the same bitrate.
During the process of HEVC H.265 codec to completely replace H.264/AVC, new hardware devices will need time to support the new codec, so if you have some HEVC H.265 video, you may need to convert HEVC to H.264 or other video formats like converting H.265 to AVI, WMV, ASF, MKV, FLV, WebM, MP3, WMA, M4A, FLAC, etc for various uses.
This article introduces a professional HEVC Video Converter which is integrated of HEVC/H.265 encoding and decoding. And a step-by-step guide on how to convert video to or from HEVC/H.265.
Introduces the professional HEVC Video Converter
Wondershare UniConverter (Video Converter Ultimate) is integrated of HEVC H.265 encoding and decoding. No matter you are looking for converting video to HEVC/H.265 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4K UHD 4320p or decode HEVC/H.265 video to other video formats, the professional HEVC Converter will fulfill your task fast and easily.
- As a professional HEVC decoder, HEVC H.265 converter can decode and convert HEVC H.265 video in various resolution like 4K UHD 4320p, 8k to all most video formats such as convert HEVC to MP4, MOV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, H.264, MKV, WMV, RM, Xvid, DivX, MXF, ASF, WebM, ProRes, WTV, etc., and can extract audio, music from HEVC and save as MP3, M4A, OGG, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA, etc.
- As an excellent HEVC encoder, HEVC Converter can encode and convert HEVC H.265 from various video formats including convert to HEVC H.265 from MP4, MOV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, H.264, MKV, WMV, RM, RMVB, VOB, Xvid, DivX, HD, AVCH, MTS, TS, MXF, ProRes, etc.
- All in all, Wondershare UniConverter (Video Converter Ultimate) is complete video toolbox to convert, edit, enhance, download, burn, organize, capture, and watch video in over 150 formats including the latest HEVC H.264 video.
- Supported Mac OS X System: macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, macOS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
- Supported Windows System: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 2000.
How to Convert Video to HEVC/H.265 as well as Convert HEVC to Other Video Formats?
Step 1: Add video files
To add source video to the HEVC Video Converter, you can directly drag and drop them into the program window or go to “File” from menu bar and then choose “Load Media Files”.
Step 2: Select output format
To convert video to HEVC H.265:
Click on “Format” icon at the bottom of this app’s pane to open output format window. Go to the “Format” category, where you’ll find “HEVC Video”. Select it as the output format.
To convert HEVC H.265 video to other video pr audio formats:
Click on “Format” icon at the bottom of this app’s pane to open output format window. Go to “Format” then “Video” or “Audio” category, where you’ll find desired video or audio formats. Select it as the output format.
Step 3: Start to convert HEVC H.265
Press on “Convert” button to start convert video to HEVC H.265 format or convert HEVC to other video or audio format.