We have heard a lot about 4K resolution or “Ultra HD” in 2014. In 2014, World Cup matches were shot and broadcast in 4K resolution for the first time. YouTube and the television industry have adopted Ultra HD as its 4K standard. And just in the beginnings of 2015, LG unveils its new 2015 HDTVs to support 4K videos. In fact, 4K affects not just the world of 4K TV and cinema, but also cameras and image capture, smartphones and tablets, computer monitors and PC games – practically anything that displays images or records video. But what is 4K?
4K resolution, also called 4K2K, refers to a display device or content having horizontal resolution on the order of 4,000 pixels. 4K Ultra HD TV, with its resolution only 3840 x 2160, is actually lower than the 4K industry standard of 4096 x 2160.
Now with the arrival of 4K there are four main resolution standards for use in the home: standard definition (480p/540p) , high definition (720p), full high definition (1080i/p) and ultra high definition (2160p). As 4K video is a new technology, there is still some time for new players to pace with it. Old players will hardly play 4K video or Ultra HD videos.
This article introduces a powerful 4K Video Converter, no matter you want to convert 480p, 720p or 1080p/i video to 4K 2160p to enhance video audio quality, or to convert 4K video to 1080p/720p/480p to be playable on your devices or players or to be editable in video editing tool, you will find it quite useful and helpful.
Introduces the Professional 4K Video Converter for Windows/Mac
Wondershare UniConverter (Video Converter Ultimate) is a professional 4K Video Converter for Windows and 4K Video Converter for Mac. The 4K Converter can convert any format video in any resolution to 4K video MP4 with the resolution of 4096 x 2160 or 3840 x 2160. The 4K Converter can also convert 4K Ultra HD video, 4K camera video or 4K video downloaded from YouTube, Netflix, etc to common video formats of MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, WebM, DivX, FLV as well as HD MP4, HD AVI, HD WMV, HD MPG, HD MKV, HD TS, HD TRP 720p or 1080p.
- Convert any format video to 4K MP4 in 4096 x 2160 or 3840 x 2160.
- Convert 4K Ultra HD video, 4K camera video, 4K video downloaded from online to standard video P4, AVI, MOV, WMV, WebM, DivX, FLV and HD video such as HD MP4, HD AVI, HD WMV, HD MPG, HD MKV, HD TS, HD TRP 720p or 1080p.
- 4K video editor: Edit 4K video like trim, crop, merge, rotate, watermark, subtitle, effects, etc.
- 4K video player: Can’t play 4K video on your computer? The built-in 4K video players can do the work for you.
- Convert 4K for portable devices such as Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, Android devices and tab, TVs, DVD players, etc.
- Convert 4K for easy edit in iMovie, Final Cut, Sony Vegas, Windows Movie Maker etc.
- Built in 4K video downloader to download 4K video from YouTube, Netflix, etc.
- Convert between over 150 video audio formats.
- 4K Video Converter for Windows is fully compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
- 4K Video Converter for Mac fully support macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, macOS Sierra 10.12, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11, Yosemite 10.10, Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8, Lion 10.7, Snow Leopard 10.6, Leopard 10.5.
- The 4K Video Converter is a paid program but allows free trial for 3 conversions.
How to Convert Video to 4K MP4 or Convert 4K video to 1080p/720p/480p MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, etc.?
Step 1: Import video files
To import source video to the 4K Video Converter, you can directly drag and drop them into the program window or go to “File” from menu bar and then choose “Load Media Files”.
Step 2: Set output format
To convert video to 4K MP4:
Click on “Format” icon at the bottom of this app’s pane to open output format window. Go to the “Format” -> “Video” category, where you’ll find “4K Video MP4”. Select it as the output format.
To convert 4K video or Ultra HD video to other video or audio formats:
Click on “Format” icon at the bottom of this app’s pane to open output format window. Go to “Format” then “Video” or “Audio” category, where you’ll find desired video or audio formats. Select it as the output format.
To convert 4K video or Ultra HD video to HD MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, etc. in 1080p or 720p. Go to “Format” then “HD”. Then click on “Settings” on the bottom right to open the setting window, where you can customize video resolution to “1280*720” or “1920*1080”.
Step 3: Start to convert 4K video
Press on “Convert” button to start convert video to 4K video MP4 format or convert 4K to 1080p, 720p, 480p MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, etc..