Yosemite (Mac OS X 10.10), El Capitan, and the new macOS 10.12 Sierra in 2016, introduced lots of new features, with many of which focus on the theme of continuity, increasing its integration with other Apple services and platforms such as Siri, iOS and iCloud. This article will not focus on any of the new features but to focus on the common task that Mac users are so familiar with, that is, to Burn QuickTime Movies, MP3 Music, digital Photos to DVD with iDVD in Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite.
Can iDVD work with Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite? As we all know Apple discontinued iDVD which doesn’t come with every Mac since Lion, and of course you will be unable to find iDVD pre-installed in Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite. Apple even no longer supports iDVD and in iMovie 10, all references to iDVD to burning DVDs are removed, including the “Share to iDVD” option in latest iMovie.
Anyway, After serious testing, TechiSky found that iDVD can still work in Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite. But don’t expect that iDVD is as easy to use as in Lion. To burn iMovie to DVD, you will need first to export iMovie to playable video MP4 or MOV. Then hire iDVD to burn the exported iMovie to DVD in Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite.
If you’ve purchased DVD and you still have the installation, you can install it to Yosemite. Then you can visit this guide to burn iMovie to DVD with iDVD in Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite. However, If you don’t have iDVD, it will be impossible to burn iMovie to DVD with iDVD in Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite but to download iDVD alternative for Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite recommended by TechiSky and follow the steps to burn iMovie to DVD without iDVD in Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite, as there is almost no way to purchase iDVD, even you can purchase iDVD on some place, Apple makes it quite difficulty to install on Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite.
Introduces iDVD Alternative for Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite
Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac is an easy-to-use and fast iDVD Alternative for Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite which can burn iMovie exported video MP4, MOV to DVD in Yosemite. The iDVD alternative for macOS can also burn QuickTime movies to DVD and burn videos to DVD in many other popular formats like AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV, MKV, FLV, etc. as well as burn music in MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, FLAC, etc to DVD. In addition, the iDVD equivalent for Yosemite enables you to customize DVD menu, create slideshows and edit videos using tools like trim, crop, rotate, watermarks, etc.
- Burn iMovie and Final Cut projects exported video to DVD.
- Easy and fast burn to DVD from videos downloaded from online, cameras videos and regular video formats like QuickTime movies, MOV, MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MTS, HD videos, etc.
- Create Photo DVD Slideshow with Music.
- Built-in powerful DVD Menu Maker with 90+ free DVD menu templates for better DVD looking
- Built in with smart video editor, you can crop, trim, rotate videos, set special effects, etc. to instantly enhance your videos.
- Preview DVD before burning DVD to ensure the DVD menu, video effects, etc. are suitable.
- Fully compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, OS X 10.11 Sierra, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.7 Lion and OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Want to find more iDVD Replacement for macOS? Here is another iDVD Replacement for Mac also know as iDVD equivalent for Mac and iDVD similar for Mac to help you burn iMovie to DVD in Mac.