Why Convert MXF to MOV HD, WMV HD, AVI HD, MP4 HD, FLV HD, ASF HD, MPG HD, DivX HD, WebM HD in 1080p or 720p?
As a professional digital video and audio media, MXF format ( Material eXchange Format) is fairly effective at the interchange of D10 (IMX) material and is used by more and more professional camcorders like Sony PMW-F3000, Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 502, HVX200, AG-HPX250,and Canon XF100/Canon XF105/Canon C300/Canon XF305 to store video, audio, and programmed data.
Though MXF can be opened and supported to edit by many professional video editing programs like Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro via XDCAM Transfer, Avid, problems always occur like some frames are replaced by the same frame, or it drops a few frames and has some small glitches during playback or audio is missing or video and audio out of sync. And MXF files cannot be opened and played on Windows PC or Mac computer will never be supported by portable devices like iPad, iPod, iPhone, Nexus, Xbox 360, Zune, Samsung Galaxy, etc.
In order to be played or edit MXF files with professional video editing programs without quality loss, you will need to convert MXF to MOV HD, WMV HD, AVI HD, MP4 HD, FLV HD, ASF HD, MPG HD, DivX HD, WebM HD in 1080p or 720p.
- To play and edit MXF on Windows, Windows Movie Maker or Xbox without quality loss, you can convert MXF to 1080p/720p AVI or WMV.
- To play and edit MXF on Mac, QuickTime, Zune, iPod, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, etc you can convert MXF to HD MP4, or convert MXF files to MOV HD to play on Mac, QuickTime and iMovie.
- To import MXF to Final Cut Pro, you can convert MXF to DV or convert MXF to ProRes MOV to add to Final Cut Pro for edit.
- To import MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS4, you can convert MXF to MPEG-2 HD or MP4 HD to import to MXF Premiere Pro CS5/CS4 for edit.
- Some users will have specific needs to convert MXF to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX, XviD, HD FLV/Flash, WebM HD, ASF HD, etc. This article will suite all of the needs and demands like a charm.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert MXF to 1080p or 720p in Various Video Formats
Prepare: Download Total Video Converter and install
Step 1: Add MXF files to MXF Video Converter
Click “Add Video” button to load your MXF files to the MXF File Converter
If you have lots of MXF files, you can drag the folder where you MXF files are to MXF Converter. It will automatically load all your music and video files in that folder.
Step 2: Set output video format
Take convert MXF to HD AVI, MP4, MOV for example. To convert MXF to HD AVI, click the “Profile” drop-down list and choose “HD AVI Video (*.avi)” from the “HD Video” category. This will allow you to convert MXF to 1080 AVI.
To convert MXF to HD MOV, choose HD QuickTime Video (*.mov) form “HD Video” category.This will allow you to convert MXF to 1080 MOV.
To convert MXF to HD MP4, choose H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (*.mp4) from “HD Video” category.This will allow you to convert MXF to 1080 MP4.
To convert MXF to 720p, click “Settings…” to open the “Advanced Setting Window” and set video resolution to 720p
Step 3: Start conversion
Press the big “Convert” button at the bottom to start the conversion of MXF to MOV HD, WMV HD, AVI HD, MP4 HD, FLV HD, ASF HD, MPG HD, DivX HD, WebM HD in 1080p or 720p. When the conversion is completed, click “Open Folder” right beside of “Destination” to fast locate the converted files.