Convert MP4 Movie Files to Play MP4 on iPhone 5, Edit MP4 on iPhone 5 iMovie iOS 6
Want to add videos to iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C to play on the go but just run into problems of playing some of the MP4 files:
- I have an MP4 music video in my iTunes library and it plays fine, but when i drag it onto my iPhone 5 it says it cannot be played on this iPhone
- I converted a DVD using handbrake and chose the setting for the iPhone. But what I was left with was a .mp4 file. I brought the MP4 into iTunes and then attempted to synch with my iPhone 5, but it came up with an error saying iPhone cannot play this type of file.
- I tried dragging MP4 movie files into iTunes and selecting from the file select menu on the top left corner of iTunes, but they still can’t be added to iTunes thus I cannot play the .mp4 file on iPhone 5.
- I got a MP4 movie file from Limewire and I right clicked it and put open with iTunes, iTunes just pops out but it doesn’t play, and the file is mp4 I don’t know why this happens please help
- I trying to add mp4 to iPhone 5 iMovie but the MP4 files just cannot displayed in iMovie iPhone 5
The reason lies in the behind is the MP4 codec. Basically, iTunes can recognize MP4 videos only in the condition of compressing with the supported codec like MPEG-4 or H.264. If your MP4 files are encoded with other codec, iTunes and iPhone will refuse to import and play such files. To work out this tough problem, you will need to convert the MP4 files to iPhone 5 compatible MP4.
This article will guide you to get out the problem with a step-by-step instruction to convert MP4 to iPhone 5, iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C supported MP4 for successfully play MP4 on iPhone 5, iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. If you aim to add MP4 to iPhone 5 for edit in iMovie for iPhone 5, add MP4 to iMovie on iPhone 5, iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C iOS 8/7 visit this guide to have your problem solved.
Prepare: Free download MP4 to iPhone 5 Converter – Total Video Converter
Step 1: Add the unsupported MP4 files to MP4 to iPhone 5 converter
Press on “Add Video” button to add the unsupported MP4 files to the program. Or you can drag & drop your files to the program interface. All your files will imported in a second.
Step 2: Set output profile as optimized file for iPhone 5, iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C
Click on “Profile” drop-down and select the iPhone preset “iPhone MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)” under the “iPhone” category.
If your original files are HD 1080p or 720p, to play 1080p/720p MP4 on iPhone 5, select the output prorile as “iPhone 5 H.264 720p Video (*.mp4)” or “iPhone 5 H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” (1080p).
Step 3: Convert MP4 to iPhone 5 MP4 video
Press on the button of “Convert” to convert MP4 to iPhone 5. It is so fast and easy.
Step 4: Add MP4 to iTunes and transfer to iPhone 5 to play MP4 on iPhone 5
When the conversion is finished, connect your iPhone 5 to your computer and open iTunes, then transfer the converted videos to iPhone 5 with iTunes! That’s it! Now you can play MP4 on iPhone 5, iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C wherever you go!