Jailbreaking iOS 7 for your iPhone is quite easy with the jailbreaking tool Evasi0n. However, mistakenly jailbreak iOS 7 can cause data loss of your iPhone. If you do not try to recover the lost contacts, photos of your iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, or iPhone 3GS, you will lose the precious data forever.
This article introduces 4 methods to recover iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS Lost Contacts or Photos after iOS 7 Jailbreaking. There is always one suitable way there for you to successfully recover your precious data.
- Method 1: Recover photos, contacts from your 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS after iOS 7 Jailbreaking with PhotoRec for Free
- Method 2: Recover iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS photos, contacts after iOS 7 Jailbreaking from iTunes Backup for Free
- Method 3: Recover iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS photos, contacts after iOS 7 Jailbreaking from iCloud backup
- Method 4: Recover iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS photos, contacts after iOS 7 Jailbreaking directly from iPhone devices
Method 1: Recover photos, contacts from your 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS after iOS 7 Jailbreaking with PhotoRec for Free
This method is suitable only for jailbroken iPhones. It will be a little bit easier if you have certain computer skills. You can follow this detailed instruction to recover your lost files, photos, contacts, video on your iPhone using PhotoRec, an open-source data recovery software and works for jailbroken iPhones.
Method 2: Recover iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS photos, contacts after iOS 7 Jailbreaking from iTunes Backup for Free
This method requires you have an iTunes backup. And you should also make sure that you haven’t synced your iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, or iPhone 3GS with iTunes after you losing the photo on your iPhone, or the backup will be updated and you won’t find it there anymore.
Step 1: Run iTunes and disable auto synchronization
- For Windows users: Run iTunes, go to < Edit < Preferences... < Devices.
- For Mac users: Run iTunes, go to < iTunes < Preferences... < Devices.
Then check the box before Prevent iPod, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone and restore contacts or photos from iTunes backup
- Connect your iPhone to the computer
- Click “Restore Backup…” on the summary window of iTunes, or right click the name of your iPhone displayed on the left side of iTunes, and choose “Restore from backup….”
- Choose your iPhone’s backup and click on the “Restore” button.
Note: In order to make sure that the deleted photos are in the backup, You will need to check the date of the backup file carefully. Or you’ll lose the chance of directly recovering deleted photos from the iPhone.
Method 3: Recover iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS photos, contacts after iOS 7 Jailbreaking from iCloud backup
There are two ways for you to recover contacts from your iCloud backup: Merge it to your iPhone or restore it to your iPhone.
- Merge iCloud contacts on your iPhone: This way is highly recommended. Go to Settings < iCloud. Log in to your Apple ID and turn off the item of Contacts. Then turn it on and choose Merge on the pop-up message. Then all contacts in the iCloud backup is back to your iPhone. If there are really special reasons that you can’t do it by the merging way, you can recover contacts, photos by “Restore iCloud backup to your iPhone”
- Restore iCloud backup to your iPhone: In this way, you need to set your iPhone as a new device by going to Settings < General < Reset < Erase All Content and Settings, and then choose Erase iPhone on the pop-up message. When it restarts, you can choose to Restore from iCloud Backup.
Method 4: Recover iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/3GS photos, contacts after iOS 7 Jailbreaking directly from iPhone devices
This method allows you to directly recover contacts from iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and recover photos directly from iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS. If you do not have an iTunes backup and iCloud backup, this method will be suitable for you.
Prepare: Download Dr.Fone
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer
Launch the application on your computer, and connect your iPhone (eg. iPhone 5). The following windows will pop up.
Step 2: Start to scan your iPhone for lost data
Click on “Start Scan” button to begin scanning it.
Step 3: Preview and recover your data contacts, photos selectively
After the scan, you can preview all data found on your device in the scan results. Click the categories on the left side of the window like camera roll, contacts, messages, etc. You can preview all the details of them (except for videos). Mark what you want and click “Recover” to save them on your computer with one click.