macOS Sierra (version 10.12) is Apple Inc.’s desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers in 2016. Sierra comes from a mountain range that encompasses Yosemite and El Capitan rather than moving away from them. Its major advances concern Auto Unlock with Apple Watch, iCloud, Universal Clipboard, as well as support for Apple Pay and Siri.
However, there are not all advances in macOS Sierra. The feature to use Disk Utility to burn DVDs is removed from macOS 10.12 Sierra. Now one can only burn disk images and data discs from the Finder or from the command line on macOS Sierra. You can no longer burn video DVDs playable from Disk Utility.
Then how to burn video MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, MTS, MXF, Photo images to playable DVD on macOS Sierra? Actually, there is no need to worry about this, as there are lots of third-party DVD burners for macOS Sierra to help you create awesome DVD disks. This article introduces an easy and powerful DVD burner for macOS Sierra and a Step-by-step guide on how to make, create, burn video MP4, MKV, AVI, etc. and Photo images to playable DVD on macOS Sierra.
- Part 1: Introduces the Powerful DVD Burner for macOS Sierra
- Part 2: Guide on how to burn video MP4, MKV, AVI, etc. to playable DVD on macOS Sierra
Part 1: Introduces the Powerful DVD Burner for macOS Sierra – Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac
Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac is an easy, fast, powerful DVD burner, DVD Maker for macOS Sierra. It can create, make, burn videos to DVDs from popular videos like MP4, MKV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV, MOV, FLV, MTS, MXF, HEVE, YouTube etc. with 90+ free DVD menus on macOS 10.12 Sierra. Moreover, this DVD Maker for macOS Sierra lets you create photo DVD Slideshows with music and edit videos using tools like trim, crop, rotate, watermarks, etc.
- Burn to DVD disc playable anywhere from regular video formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV; HD videos like MTS, MXF, HEVC; downloaded videos from online like YouTube; all types of cameras and camcorders, etc.
- Burn iMovie and Final Cut projects exported video to DVD.
- Create Photo DVD Slideshow with Music from PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, TIF and TIFF image formats.
- Built-in powerful DVD Menu Maker with 90+ free DVD menu templates for better DVD looking
- Built in with smart video editor, you can crop, trim, rotate videos, set special effects, etc. to instantly enhance your videos.
- Preview DVD before burning DVD to ensure the DVD menu, video effects, etc. are suitable.
- Choose from 3 output formats: DVD disc, DVD folder and ISO files to burn.
- Flexible control of DVD quality and DVD disc: (D9 or D5).
- Fully compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Part 2:How to burn video MP4, MKV, AVI, etc. and Photo images to DVD on macOS Sierra
Prepare: Download and install DVD Burner for macos Sierra – Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac
Download DVD Creator for Mac. Install and and launch it.
The DVD Creator trial version will add a watermark to the output DVD with no functional difference from the full version. You can pay for registration code from the buy link built in the program.
Step 1: Add your video or images to the DVD Maker for macOS Sierra
Simply drag your videos or photos directly into the program window, or slide out Media Browse to load any videos or photos in one click.
Step 2: Customize a DVD menu (optional)
Click “Menu” on the bottom of the program window, and then pick up your favorite template to customize it. And you can freely adjust buttons, frames, titles, and thumbnails as you want.
Step 3: Start burning video or photos project to DVD
Press on the the “Burn” button to access the “Burn” window. Insert a black DVD-R D5 or D9 as per your content capacity, and set the TV standard like NTSC or PAL. At last, click “Save” to start burning.